Welcome to the Homeland Security and Emergency Management (HSEM) Learning Management System (LMS).
HSEM Training LMS Update
HSEM Training is transitioning to a new Learning Management System (LMS). Due to this transition, beginning the week of November 7th, we will no longer be accepting new users into the LMS or accepting new certificate program enrollments.
We encourage you to work on the FEMA Independent Study (IS) courses during this time. You can view the IS requirements for our certificate programs here:
- Basic Emergency Management Certificate Program
- Director/Practitioner Certificate Program
- REP Certificate Program
- Critical Infrastructure Certificate Program
Once you complete the IS course, retain your certificate and upload it to the new LMS once it is launched in January 2023.
We also invite you to explore some of the other FEMA Training opportunities, which can be found in the National Preparedness Course Catalog.
While we understand this pause during our transition is not ideal, we are looking forward to an upgraded system that will be more user friendly and allow our training program to make more data driven decisions. We will continue to provide updates throughout this transition.
The LMS enable learners to view the requirements necessary to complete professional training (Learning Paths) available through HSEM. Once approved for an account in the LMS, learners will be able to request enrollment in Learning Paths and courses.
Training is a key component of the HSEM mission of Helping Minnesota prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies and disasters. We intend to provide a seamless registration process, quality instruction, and meaningful emergency management courses.
The LMS Help button will provide detailed instructions to navigate the new system.
TECHNICAL NOTE: The recommended internet browser is Chrome. Internet Explorer is not compatible with the LMS.
CREATE YOUR LMS ACCOUNT
Please follow the instructions below to create an account in the LMS:
- Click on the "Register" button at the top of the page and follow the instructions to create a new account.
- All new accounts will be reviewed for approval by HSEM administration.
- A follow-up email will be sent indicating the status of account requests.
- All users should check junk email or SPAM folders if they do not receive a follow-up email.
- If email notification is not received within 2 business days, please contact LMS Technical Support.
Need additional assistance? Please contact LMS Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 201-7441.